Volunteer Opportunities old
Click here to complete a volunteer application and join GivePulse!
Current Volunteers: Log your hours by clicking the GivePulse button above.
Please click the “complete a volunteer application” link above. You will be directed to the Gulf Coast Humane Society GivePulse volunteer application page. Once your application is approved, you will be able to see dates for new volunteer orientation. You MUST complete volunteer orientation BEFORE signing up for any GCHS volunteer opportunities. Thank you for your patience as we transition over to a new & improved system! If you have completed application and do not know if you have been accepted, please check your spam/junk folders; applications are processed every 5-7 business days.
Beginning January 1st, 2021:
If you no-show for volunteer orientation, you will be asked to wait 90 days before registering for orientation again. If you are unable to attend orientation after signing up, please cancel yourself from the registration via GivePulse or email. Last minute cancellations (same day) will be considered a no-show.
FGCU students who are seeking 10 service learning hours can sign up for scheduled ‘FGCU 10 Hour Project’ dates found in GivePulse. These projects will include, but are not limited to: laundry, cleaning, landscape, washing crates, washing vans, etc. Volunteer Orientation is not required for these projects, but students will be required to sign a waiver before they begin. Must be at least 18 years of age. If the student completes their 10 hours and would like to join our volunteer team, they will need to complete orientation.
The talents of our compassionate and generous volunteers help keep our doors open. Volunteers are actively involved in the general care of the animals including walking/exercising, socializing, grooming, and cleaning kennels. Volunteers are also involved in special projects, events, humane education, offsite outreach programs and in-home foster care.
– Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer without a parent or guardian.
– Children 13 through 15 may volunteer to socialize puppies and kittens, with a parent on-site who is also a volunteer.
– Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to walk dogs.
To Become a Volunteer:
– Cick here to submit an application. Once approved, you will receive an email. If you are unsure if you have been approved, please check your spam/junk folders; applications are processed every 5-7 business days. ALL volunteers MUST complete an application.
– Volunteer Orientation lasts about 1.5 hours. You must be on time. If you are 10+ minutes late, you will need to sign up for another orientation. You MUST wear closed toed shoes. ALL volunteers MUST complete orientation.
– Volunteers wanting be dog walkers must attend an additional Green Dog Workshop BEFORE they can begin walking dogs. You will receive a link to Green Dog dates & times after completing orientation.
– 13-15 year old volunteers: the parent/guardian must complete a separate application from the minor & attend orientation. The parent/guardian must also be a volunteer & be on property while the minor volunteers.
All applications go through a background check. We cannot accept any application from a person having a felony record (current or previous), and absolutely no Domestic Violence, Battery, or Animal Cruelty charges (current or previous).
Additionally, Volunteer hours do not qualify for Court Ordered Community Service. Click here for more information on Community Service.
– Dog Walkers (Green Dog class required)
- Cat & Kitten Socialization (including Cattyshack Cat Cafe at Gulf Coast Town Center)
– Dog & Cat Kennel Assistants
– Special Events
– Landscaping & Handypersons
– Donation Bank Collection
– Front Desk Assistants – (answering phones, data entry, filing)